Sometimes life gets in the way or unforeseen circumstances happen. But it’s definitely possible to plan a beautiful last minute wedding that will be memorable.
We’ve provided some awesome tips and tricks for how to plan a last minute wedding. Plus, answer a few questions you might be asking yourself. Obviously, you won’t be able to secure a wedding planner at such a late day. But with these tips, we can help you plan your last minute wedding with style.
Plan A Last Minute Wedding With Bare Necessities
So that the wedding can go smoothly as possible, we’ve put together a list of bare necessities. So, here are some essentials to start with.
- Venue. The first thing to secure for your short notice wedding is where the big day is happening. Look for venues that have last-minute availability and can accommodate your guest list. You might want to consider unconventional venues such as parks, community centers, or even homes of friends or family.
- Officiant. Obviously, you’ll need an officiant for the wedding ceremony. An officiant can be someone who is ordained. For instance, a friend, family member or a religious leader if you attend a place of worship.
- Marriage License. Make sure to obtain a marriage license before the wedding. This is needed so the ceremony can take place. You’ll want to check with your local county clerk’s office for requirements and processing times.
- Rings. The wedding rings are a big element of the ceremony. If you’re short on time, it’s common to purchase simple bands that can be easily resized or upgraded at a later time.
- Attire. While it’s nice to have that “perfect” wedding dress or a suit, it’s not necessary when trying to plan a last-minute wedding. But this is still such an important day, so wear an outfit that you feel comfortable and confident in! In fact, it can be as easy as a simple white dress or a nice blouse and slacks.
- Photographer. You absolutely must capture this moment. It’s not super essential to have a professional photographer though. Instead, a friend or family member can take photos. Or consider hiring a student photographer as an affordable option!
- Food and Drink. Even a simple and low-key ceremony deserves to have some food and drinks. It can be as minimal as providing some snacks and refreshments for your guests. We recommend doing a potluck or a DIY buffet. You can even ask guests to bring their favorite dishes as a way to get them involved in your big, special day!
Tips For Last-Minute Wedding Planning
When planning a wedding on short notice, start with the main items and necessities. We’ve put together a list of must-haves you should include on your last-minute wedding day.
1. Wedding Invitations and Stationery
Custom wedding invitations can take weeks to design and then ship out to you. However, there are plenty of options that are best suited for short-notice wedding planning. You can create customizable digital wedding invitations and RSVPs online. They can be sent out quickly and easily.
2. Wedding Supplies and Decorations
Since you’re planning a wedding on short notice, there are online sites that can get wedding supplies and decorations to you quickly. And they’re even customizable for a personalized look. For example, wedding favors and even cake toppers!
3. Use Digital Tools
Digital tools can be a huge timesaver when it comes to last-minute wedding planning. Such technology can help simplify the planning process. You’ll be amazed by the amount of online planning tools available that can help you stay organized and on track!
4. Get Creative with Table Decor & Wedding Decorations
Even if you don’t have enough time to shop, purchase and set up wedding decorations. There are still quick and easy ways to make sure you have your dream wedding. Consider creating DIY table decor using inexpensive materials like candles, flowers, and ribbon.